ADJ 亲爱的;可爱的 You use dear to describe someone or something that you feel affection for.
Mrs Cavendish is a dear friend of mine... 卡文迪什夫人是我的一位亲密朋友。
At last I am back at my dear little desk. 我终于回到了我那张可爱的小桌子旁。
ADJ-GRADED 对…来说心爱的;在…(心中)宝贵的 If something is dear to you or dear to your heart, you care deeply about it.
His family life was very dear to him... 他很珍视自己的家庭生活。
This is a subject very dear to the hearts of academics up and down the country. 这个话题举国上下的学者都非常关切。
ADJ (用于表示喜爱或带有屈尊俯就意味的称呼中)亲爱的;小… You use dear in expressions such as 'my dear fellow', 'dear girl', or 'my dear Richard' when you are addressing someone whom you know and are fond of. You can also use expressions like this in a rude way to indicate that you think you are superior to the person you are addressing.
Of course, Toby, my dear fellow, of course... 当然,托比,我亲爱的朋友,当然。
Take as long as you like, dear boy. 小伙子,随你花多长时间都行。
ADJ (用于信函抬头的名字或头衔前)亲爱的,尊敬的 Dear is written at the beginning of a letter, followed by the name or title of the person you are writing to.
Dear Peter, I have been thinking about you so much during the past few days... 亲爱的彼得,过去的这几天里我一直都在想你。
CONVENTION 尊敬的先生/尊敬的女士(英国英语中用于正式信函的开头,美国英语中则用 Sir 或 Madam) In British English, you begin formal letters with 'Dear Sir' or 'Dear Madam'. In American English, you begin them with 'Sir' or 'Madam'.
'Dear sir,' she began. “尊敬的先生,”她开头写道。
N-VOC (用于称呼喜爱的人)亲爱的 You can call someone dear as a sign of affection.
You're a lot like me, dear... 亲爱的,你很多地方都很像我。
'Good night, my dears,' she called to us as we closed her door behind us. “晚安,我亲爱的孩子们,”我们关上她的房门时她对我们说道。
EXCLAM (表示伤心、失望或吃惊)啊呀,哎哟,天哪 You can use dear in expressions such as 'oh dear', 'dear me', and 'dear, dear' when you are sad, disappointed, or surprised about something.
Outside, Bruce glanced at his watch: 'Dear me, nearly one o'clock.' 出了门,布鲁斯瞥了一眼自己的手表,“天哪,快一点了。”
N-COUNT 可爱的人;好人 You can call someone a dear when you are fond of them and think that they are nice.
He's such a dear. 他人真好。
ADJ-GRADED 昂贵的;价高的 If you say that something is dear, you mean that it costs a lot of money, usually more than you can afford or more than you think it should cost.
CDs here are much dearer than in the States... 这儿的 CD 价格比美国那边贵多了。
They're too dear. 它们的价格太高了。
PHRASE 使…付出巨大代价;使…饱尝苦头 If something that someone does costs them dear, they suffer a lot as a result of it.
Such complacency is costing the company dear. 这种自满情绪正使公司付出沉重代价。
CDs here are much dearer than in the States 这儿的CD价格比美国那边贵多了。
This considerateness on old Mr Clare's part led Angel onward to the other and dearer subject. 老克莱尔先生这一方待他既是这样周到,安琪尔就趁机把另一个他更关心的问题提了出来。
And was there no one nearer and dearer than Susan, to uphold the striving heart in its anguish? 难道就没有一个比苏珊更贴近更亲爱的人来支持那颗在极度痛苦中在努力奋斗的心了吗?
What if world conquest gets dearer? 但如果征服世界的成本变得更加昂贵了呢?
Exiting would make ECB funding harder to get and dearer. 退出将加大获得欧洲央行资金的难度,并令其更弥足宝贵。
Maybe a little dearer, but the quality is very good. 价格可能稍贵些,不过,质量非常好。
Firewood is now getting dearer, as supplies dwindle. 由于存货减少,木柴越来越贵了。
Our price is not dearer than those in other place. 我们的价格不比别的地方贵。
And nothing is dearer to poets than singing the marvels wrought by sorceresses by means of incantations. 对诗人们来说,没有什么事情比歌唱巫师们用符咒所造成的奇迹更加笃爱了。
Honor and opportunity in life I hold dear; morality and principle I hold dearer. 我珍爱生活中的荣誉与机遇,但更珍视生活中的道义与原则。
What I say is, why should a brother's happiness be dearer to me than a friend's? 我说的是:我为什么要把我哥哥的幸福看得比朋友的幸福更珍贵呢?
Litigation may also make smart-phones dearer. 讼案或许也让智能电话更贵了。
Aristotle says, Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth. 亚里士多德说:我爱柏拉图,我更爱真理。
It pretended cap-and-trade could work without making energy dearer it is not really a tax, they insist. 该党佯称“限量及交易”能在不推高能源价格的情况下奏效;他们坚称,这不是真正的税收。
Freedom is dearer to him than life. 对他来说,自由比生命更宝贵。
Your country will even be dearer to me, if you have compassion on my heart. 如果你肯怜悯我这颗心,你的国家会令我更感亲切。
Oil prices would be cheaper, whereas clothes, DVD players and computers would be dearer. 油价可能会很便宜,但是衣服,DVD播放器和电脑会更贵。
To her he could be nothing under any circumstances; nothing dearer than a friend. 她在任何情况下都不能对他抱非分之想&他顶多只能做自己的朋友。
No place on earth could be dearer to my heart than these few acres of wood and stream. 这几亩小树林和小河是我最心爱的。
His longing for me is dearer than my longing for Him. 他对我的渴望比我对他的渴望要更亲切。
Dearer food is a chance to break this dizzying cycle. 涨价的食品对打破这个令人眩晕的循环是个机会。
He says resigning has given him more time to pursue issues dearer to his heart. 他表示,辞去职位让他有更多时间去做那些他最想做的事情。
Nothing dearer than feelings, but, I'm trying to forget my feelings of love. 没有什么比情感更珍贵,但我却试图忘掉爱的情感。
Dearer food has the capacity to do enormous good and enormous harm. 更贵的食品能带来巨大的好处也能带来巨大的害处。
Give me them,& and the peace of mind, dearer than all! 赐给它们-还有心灵的平静,这些胜过一切!
That kitchen with the shining window was dear to him; but the sleeping fields and bright stars and the noble darkness were dearer still. 这与闪亮的窗口厨房亲爱的他,但睡领域和明亮的恒星和崇高的更昂贵的黑暗之中。
Why are Saturday and Sunday dearer than the other days? 为什么星期六和星期天的东西要比其他时候贵呢?
Food here is cheaper than in Britain; clothing, on the other hand, is dearer. 这里的食物比英国便宜,但衣物较贵。
But they will not be sold a tenth part of a farthing dearer in consideration of his labour. 但是计入了他的劳动以后,小麦和面包售价提高的幅度却不会超过四十分之一便士。
I believe your intention is to perpetuate, and not to weaken, the ties between me and my other and far dearer self. 我相信你的意图是维护我和我那宝贵得多的另一个自我的关系,而不是削弱这种关系。