N-UNCOUNT 绝望 Despair is the feeling that everything is wrong and that nothing will improve.
I looked at my wife in despair... 我绝望地看着妻子。
...feelings of despair or inadequacy. 绝望或无能的感觉
VERB 感到绝望;失去希望 If you despair, you feel that everything is wrong and that nothing will improve.
'Oh, I despair sometimes,' he says in mock sorrow... “啊,我有时会感到绝望,”他假装悲伤地说。
He does despair at much of the press criticism. 面对媒体的诸多批评他的确感到绝望。
VERB 对…感到绝望;对…不抱希望 If you despair of something, you feel that there is no hope that it will happen or improve. If you despair of someone, you feel that there is no hope that they will improve.
He wished to earn a living through writing but despaired of doing so. 他想通过写作来谋生,不过他对此不抱希望。
...efforts to find homes for people despairing of ever having a roof over their heads... 为那些对有瓦遮头不再抱有任何希望的人们找到住处的努力
There are signs that many voters have already despaired of politicians. 有迹象表明许多选民对政客已经不抱希望。
But soon his search becomes more haphazard as he despairs at the magnitude of the task. 但是当他对这个巨大的任务感到失望时,他的搜寻很快变得更加杂乱。
What really despairs me and makes me look dismal is that load of work. 真正让我很绝望,让我看起来很忧郁的,是那堆工作。
We walked until our despairs disappeared and then we parted. 我们走了到我们的绝望消失然后我们分开的。
What jealous pangs, what shy despairs I knew! 猜忌使我痛苦,有时羞怯躲避。
Likely is angry curses at people, arrives the smile joyfully, I arrive the sob sad, despairs is affectedly unconventional, then circulates once more. 就像生气到骂人,快乐到微笑,我难过到哭泣,绝望到矫情,然后再次循环。
Aflame, I tell you, with birth, aging death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, despairs. 我告诉你们,燃起了生、老、死,燃起了忧、愁、悲、戚、惨。
In the dream I hold the fine health which the stone weeps blood, despairs wants the attempt to level the basin at heart. 梦里我是衔石泣血的精卫,绝望地想要企图填平心里的流域。
The girlfriend has been startled, is looking boyfriend's back, felt despairs extremely. 女友惊呆了,望着男友的背影,感到非常绝望。
To do this is nothing easy because the entire process of learning is full of hardships and despairs. 而做到这一点绝非易事,因为学习的全过程可能充满了艰辛和苦恼。
But I thought when the actor knows the girl death news, certainly despairs by this kind is pestering repeatedly. 而我想男主角得知女孩死讯时,一定被这种绝望反复纠缠着。
Recalls, has the flash is the ache, but, despairs. 回忆的时候,有壹瞬间是疼痛的,无奈的,绝望的。
To grow and multiply it is necessary to plant the wheat grain in the darkness of the earth and my failures, my despairs, my ignorance, and my inabilities are the darkness in which I have been planted in order to ripen. 要想让麦粒生长、结实,必须把它种植在黑暗的泥土中,我的失败、失望、无知、无能便是那黑暗的泥土,我须深深地扎在泥土中,等待成熟。
My mother despairs of me; she thinks me lazy and unsociable. 母亲十分担心我,她认为我懒惰且不合群。
And despairs day, but for thy volume's light. 不求白昼,但求你书卷之光。
She despairs of her son because he shows no interest in getting a job. 她感到儿子不可救药了,因为他对找工作一点也不感兴趣。
She despairs of the way that human society has made such a mess of the earth. 她对人类社会把地球弄得这么糟感到失望。
Leaden-eyed despairs, where Beauty cannot keep her lustrous eyes, or new Love pine at them beyond tomorrow. 忧伤和灰色的绝望,而“美”保持不住明眸的光彩,新生的爱情活不到明天就枯凋。
As feudal society victims, Lu Xun had experienced loneliness in drifting condition, he had surmounted the individual life difficult position, revolt realistic society by despairs resistance spirit. 鲁迅作为封建社会的受害者,在飘泊状态的孤独体验中,超越了个体的人生困境,以绝望的抗争的精神反抗现实社会。