All the kids in my class could read. 我们班所有的孩子都能阅读。
N-COUNT; N-VOC 青少年 Young people who are no longer children are sometimes referred to as kids .
There were gangs of kids on motorbikes roaming around... 过去有成群结队的年轻人骑着摩托车四处游荡。
That's a lot for a kid of 22 to cope with. 那对一个22岁的年轻人来说是够难应付的。
ADJ 年幼的 You can refer to your younger brother as your kid brother and your younger sister as your kid sister.
My kid sister woke up and started crying. 我妹妹醒了,哭了起来。
小山羊 A kid is a young goat.
VERB 开玩笑 If you are kidding, you are saying something that is not really true, as a joke.
I'm not kidding, Frank. There's a cow out there, just standing around... 我没有开玩笑,弗兰克。外面有一头母牛,就站在附近。
I'm just kidding... 我只是开玩笑。
Are you sure you're not kidding me? 你确定不是在和我开玩笑吗?
VERB 戏弄;逗惹 If you kid someone, you tease them.
He liked to kid Ingrid a lot... 他很喜欢捉弄英格丽德。
He used to kid me about being chubby. 他过去常取笑我胖。
VERB 欺骗;哄骗 If people kid themselves, they allow themselves to believe something that is not true because they wish that it was true.
We're kidding ourselves, Bill. We're not winning, we're not even doing well... 我们在自己骗自己,比尔。我们没有赢,我们甚至都没有发挥好。
I could kid myself that you did this for me, but it would be a lie. 我可以欺骗自己你这样做是为了我,但那终究是谎言。
CONVENTION (强调所说的是真实的或是认真的)真的,不是开玩笑 You can say 'No kidding' to emphasize that what you are saying is true, or that you mean it.
I'm scared. No kidding, really. 我很害怕。不是开玩笑,真的。
CONVENTION (表示感兴趣或惊讶)真的吗? You can say 'No kidding?' to show that you are interested or surprised when someone tells you something.
'We won.' — 'No kidding?' “我们赢了。”——“真的吗?”
PHRASE (表示认为某人所言极为荒唐或完全是假的)你一定是在开玩笑 You can say 'you've got to be kidding' or 'you must be kidding' to someone if they have said something that you think is ridiculous or completely untrue.
You've got to be kidding! I can't live here!... 你在开玩笑吧!我不可能住这儿!
'He's a mild inoffensive man isn't he? — Oh you've gotta be kidding.' “他是个温和、没有恶意的人,不是吗?”——“啊,你不是开玩笑吧。”
PHRASE (表示认为某人不够真诚或不相信某人所言)她骗谁啊?/他想骗谁啊? You can say 'who is she kidding?' or 'who is he trying to kid?' if you think it is obvious that someone is not being sincere and does not mean what they say.
She played the role of a meek, innocent, shy girl. I don't know who she was trying to kid... 她装作一个温顺、天真、害羞的女孩。真不知道她想骗谁。
'Maybe tomorrow will be better,' I said, hanging up. 'Who am I kidding?' I told Wolfe. 'Tomorrow will be more of the same.' “也许明天会更好,”我说着挂断了电话。“我在骗谁啊?”我对沃尔夫说。“明天还是一个样。”