N-UNCOUNT 愉快;高兴;快乐;满足 If something gives you pleasure, you get a feeling of happiness, satisfaction, or enjoyment from it.
Watching sport gave him great pleasure... 观看体育比赛给他以极大的愉悦。
Everybody takes pleasure in eating... 每个人都从吃中得到满足感。
He gets huge pleasure from ballet and contemporary dance. 他从芭蕾和现代舞中得到极大的快乐。
N-UNCOUNT (尤指工作、职责之外的)娱乐,消遣 Pleasure is the activity of enjoying yourself, especially rather than working or doing what you have a duty to do.
He mixed business and pleasure in a perfect and dynamic way... 他以互动的方式将工作和娱乐完美地结合起来。
I read for pleasure. 我读书消遣。
N-COUNT 乐趣;乐事;给人愉快的事物 A pleasure is an activity, experience or aspect of something that you find very enjoyable or satisfying.
Watching TV is our only pleasure. 看电视是我们唯一的乐事。
...the pleasure of seeing a smiling face. 看到一张微笑的面孔的愉悦
...the conveniences and pleasures of modern life. 现代生活的种种便利和乐趣
CONVENTION 很高兴见到…/…莅临的荣幸 If you meet someone for the first time, you can say, as a way of being polite, that it is a pleasure to meet them. You can also ask for the pleasure of someone's company as a polite and formal way of inviting them somewhere.
'A pleasure to meet you, sir,' he said... 他说:“先生,很高兴见到您。”
Mr and Mrs James Stephens request the pleasure of your company at the marriage of their daughter Caroline Mary to Mr David Smith. 詹姆斯·斯蒂芬斯夫妇敬请您莅临小女卡罗琳·玛丽与戴维·史密斯先生的婚礼。
CONVENTION (受到感谢时的一种礼貌回答)别客气,不用谢,是我的荣幸 You can say 'It's a pleasure ' or 'My pleasure ' as a polite way of replying to someone who has just thanked you for doing something.
'Thanks very much anyhow.' — 'It's a pleasure.' “无论怎样,非常感谢。”——“别客气。”
'Thanks for your call.' — 'My pleasure.' “谢谢你打来电话。”——“不用谢。”
CONVENTION 非常乐意;愿意效劳 You can say 'With pleasure ' as a polite way of saying that you are very willing to do something.
'Could you photocopy the advert and put it in the post to us?' — 'With pleasure John.' “你能把广告影印一下寄给我们吗?”——“当然可以,约翰。”
It is simple pleasures, such as a walk on a sunny day, which have a cumulative effect on our mood 一些简单的娱乐,譬如在一个阳光明媚的日子散步,就能使我们的心情更愉快。
These paintings are in some ways a reminder that earthly pleasures are ephemeral. 这些画在某种意义上提醒人们世俗的享乐是短暂的。
Older mothers tend to be too idealistic about the pleasures of motherhood. 较年长的母亲往往对身为人母的乐趣过于理想化。
One of the greatest pleasures of this job is meeting people from all walks of life. 这份工作最大的乐趣之一在于可以接触到各行各业的人。
Once you've sampled the pleasures of country life, you will not want to live in the city. 你一旦体验到乡村生活的乐趣,你就不想住在城里了。
There should be a limit to the pleasures of life. 行乐须有度。
She told me of the pleasures of her youth and said now that her beauty had faded she was drifting from place to place by rivers and lakes. 自叙少小时欢乐事,今漂沦憔悴,转徙于江湖间。(白居易《琵琶行》)
Friendship is also one of the greatest pleasures that we can enjoy. 友谊又是我们可以享受的最大乐趣之一。
I am blessed with a buoyant temperament and enjoy the pleasures of this earth. 我很幸运有开朗的性格,会享受这个世界的快乐。
Reading is one of the great pleasures of my life. 读书是我生活中最大的乐趣之一。
Fishing and walking are the two pleasures of the solitary life he enjoys. 钓鱼和散步是他孤独生活中所爱好的两大乐趣。
They may pleasures me when I am sad. 当我难过时他们能使我快乐。
I soon lost myself in the rediscovered pleasures of the game. 我不久就对这种游戏中重新发现的娱乐着迷了。
Study and hard work seem to be his chief pleasures. 看来,他的乐趣主要在于学习和努力工作。
If man is an iron-balance that weigh pains and pleasures, the scales are sadly askew. 假如人是一架称量痛苦和快乐的铁质天平,不幸的是:天平斜了。
I discovered the unholy pleasures of gossip and malice. 我发现了流言蜚语和恶意中伤的邪恶乐趣。
She has few pleasures left in life. 她生活中已没有什么乐趣了。
He has less work to do, I have robbed him of all pleasures. 他可以少辛苦一点,但是我剥夺了他的乐趣。
Devoted to home duties and pleasures. 专注于家庭的责任和快乐。
They were bitterly intolerant of the opinions of their enemies and the pleasures of their friends. 他们对敌人的主张和对朋友的享乐都是绝对不能容忍的。
As pleasant as they are, one issue with predictable pleasures is that they run together. 虽然令人愉快,但是可预测的快乐活动中的一个问题是它们一起进行。
He turned his attention to such pleasures that could be obtained in his work. 他把注意力转向了他在工作中所能得到的种种乐趣。
An idle man only enjoys playing and making pleasures. 一个懒惰的人只享受玩耍和寻乐。
The comforts and pleasures of the flesh. 肉体上的舒适和快乐。
If Venus is weak then human life and pleasures have no meaning. 如果金星薄弱然后人的生命和快乐没有任何意义。
You have your master of pleasures. 你有你的能掌管快乐的管家。
Such a nose would, however, be sensitive not to life's pleasures, but to its pains. 当然了,“会诊断的鼻子”所敏感的并不是生活中美好的一面,而恰恰是痛苦的事物。