VERB 猛推;乱挤;推撞 If you shove someone or something, you push them with a quick, violent movement.
He shoved her out of the way... 他一把将她推开。
He was then shoved face down on the pavement... 接着他被一把推倒,脸朝下趴在了人行道上。
He's the one who shoved me... 他就是那个推撞我的人。
She shoved as hard as she could. 她竭尽全力猛地一推。
Shove is also a noun.
She gave Gracie a shove towards the house. 她猛地将格蕾西朝房子那边推了一把。
VERB 乱放;乱塞;随便放;胡乱丢 If you shove something somewhere, you push it there quickly and carelessly.
We shoved a copy of the newsletter beneath their door... 我们往他们门下塞了一份时事通讯。
He shoved a cloth in my hand. 他往我手中塞了块布。
PHRASE 情况不妙时;别无选择时;形势十分糟糕时 If you talk about what you think will happen if push comes to shove, you are talking about what you think will happen if a situation becomes very bad or difficult.
If push comes to shove, if you should lose your case in the court, what will you do?... 如果情况不妙,法庭上败诉,你会怎么办?
When push comes to shove, you are on your own. 如果形势糟糕,你就只能靠自己了。