VERB 拦截;伏击 If someone waylays you, they stop you when you are going somewhere, for example in order to talk to you, to steal something from you, or to attack you.
She was forever waylaying him in odd holes and corners of the hotel... 她总是在酒店的犄角旮旯里截住他。
The trucks are being waylaid by bandits... 卡车被强盗拦了下来。
Greenpeace managed to assemble enough boats to waylay the ship at sea 绿色和平组织设法聚集起足够数量的小船在海上拦截该船。
She was forever waylaying him in odd holes and corners of the hotel 她总是在酒店的犄角旮旯里截住他。
The trucks are being waylaid by bandits 卡车被强盗拦了下来。
I'm sorry, Nick, I got waylaid. 抱歉,尼克,我被人耽搁了。
He would often waylay me as I was going to class and produce a piece of paper from his pocket, often with a puzzle already on it. 他常常在我去教室的路上拦住我,从他的口袋里掏出一张纸条,通常这上面早就写好了难题。
She lingered outside the theater to waylay him after the show. 她在戏院外面徘徊想在演出之后拦住他说话。
Marshal's got men waiting to waylay you back at the livery. 警长派了人在马厩那里伏击你们。