第十六篇 | 走遍美国
1 / 7
with two or three other college friends.
查看中文翻译
Is he OK?
查看中文翻译
so I can get some interesting mail?
查看中文翻译
Advertising, bills, bills, advertising.
查看中文翻译
A kind of a fifty-year anniversary reunion.
查看中文翻译
He's writing to invite me
查看中文翻译
What does he say?
查看中文翻译
He visited with Grandma and me in Florida
查看中文翻译
He was my roommate in college.
查看中文翻译
Oh, it must be a bill.
查看中文翻译
You know him?
查看中文翻译
You bet I do!
查看中文翻译
Yeah, he's fine.
查看中文翻译
but there's a letter here addressed to you,
查看中文翻译
Sounds like fun.
查看中文翻译
Pete Waters, RFD Number 1, Chesterton.
查看中文翻译
You won't believe it, Grandpa,
查看中文翻译
I don't think so.
查看中文翻译
You're joking. Pete Waters?
查看中文翻译
The return name and address is
查看中文翻译
Why don't you write to me, Robbie,
查看中文翻译
Pete Waters, RFD Number 1, Chesterton.
查看中文翻译
Yes. It's just like I said, Robbie.
查看中文翻译
Just fine.
查看中文翻译
Mr. Malcolm Stewart, and it looks like a personal letter.
查看中文翻译
He's planning a get-together
查看中文翻译
Probably a lot of advertising and bills.
查看中文翻译
Nothing interesting.
查看中文翻译
to spend a weekend with him at his farm.
查看中文翻译
Do I know Pete Waters?
查看中文翻译
about five years ago.
查看中文翻译
You were right, Grandpa.
查看中文翻译
The mailman just dropped some mail in our box, Grandpa.
查看中文翻译
第十六篇 | 走遍美国
2 / 7
I don't know.
查看中文翻译
How come he never got married?
查看中文翻译
And what happened?
查看中文翻译
Lillian Winters.
查看中文翻译
the girl he was in love with in college married someone else.
查看中文翻译
No, he never did.
查看中文翻译
Football players are always popular with the ladies.
查看中文翻译
He must have loved her very much.
查看中文翻译
Yes. Very much.
查看中文翻译
He never married because
查看中文翻译
That means fresh eggs and fresh milk.
查看中文翻译
As simple as that.
查看中文翻译
I'm a lucky man.
查看中文翻译
He's not as lucky as I am
查看中文翻译
the quarterback on our football team.
查看中文翻译
I've never been there, Robbie,
查看中文翻译
Does he have a family?
查看中文翻译
to have a family and grandchildren.
查看中文翻译
What kind of farm does he have?
查看中文翻译
Fifty years? Wow!
查看中文翻译
A very good question.
查看中文翻译
She was in love with Donald McGrath,
查看中文翻译
but he has chickens and cows and all.
查看中文翻译
Where is she today?
查看中文翻译
He never married.
查看中文翻译
It sounds like fun to me, too, Robbie.
查看中文翻译
But her heart was with Donald.
查看中文翻译
You think so?
查看中文翻译
Did he ever get over it?
查看中文翻译
No, he doesn't, Robbie.
查看中文翻译
He never got over it.
查看中文翻译
Maybe Lillian will be at the reunion.
查看中文翻译
That's a good question, Robbie.
查看中文翻译
She liked Pete, and they went to dances together.
查看中文翻译
She was in our class.
查看中文翻译
第十六篇 | 走遍美国
3 / 7
Hello. What can I do for you?
查看中文翻译
Then you'll see a big old red barn.
查看中文翻译
Next weekend…
查看中文翻译
I know it well.
查看中文翻译
No, I don't.
查看中文翻译
and tell him you're coming?
查看中文翻译
Pete Waters's farm, near Chesterton.
查看中文翻译
Pete Waters's lived around here almost as long as I have.
查看中文翻译
Whereabouts are you headed?
查看中文翻译
I'm kind of excited about going now.
查看中文翻译
How long is it going to take for me to get there?
查看中文翻译
Pete's full of surprises.
查看中文翻译
Could you tell me how to use the shortcut?
查看中文翻译
It is already.
查看中文翻译
Check the hood?
查看中文翻译
Make a right at the stop sign.
查看中文翻译
I wish I could go there with you, Grandpa.
查看中文翻译
Stay on that road, and you'll cross a blue bridge.
查看中文翻译
You'll see a stop sign.
查看中文翻译
sleep over Friday and Saturday night
查看中文翻译
There's a shortcut -- if you know it.
查看中文翻译
What do you think the surprise will be?
查看中文翻译
Won't it be exciting to see all your college friends there again?
查看中文翻译
With Pete, you never know, Robbie.
查看中文翻译
I need a full tank.
查看中文翻译
No, thanks.
查看中文翻译
Sure. You take the next left turn.
查看中文翻译
About fifteen minutes.
查看中文翻译
You're reading my mind, Robbie.
查看中文翻译
Hi. Fill 'er up.
查看中文翻译
and come back Sunday.
查看中文翻译
I can't wait!
查看中文翻译
Don't you think you ought to call Pete
查看中文翻译
第十六篇 | 走遍美国
4 / 7
I take the next left turn to the stop sign.
查看中文翻译
I'm a friend of Pete's.
查看中文翻译
That's quite a difference from the directions that Pete sent me.
查看中文翻译
Well, that'll be eighteen dollars and seventy cents.
查看中文翻译
Thank you.
查看中文翻译
Keep along this road
查看中文翻译
Back soon with a surprise.
查看中文翻译
It's on the house.
查看中文翻译
His house is on the left.
查看中文翻译
and then a big red barn.
查看中文翻译
Can't miss it.
查看中文翻译
Now, if you take that route, it's probably a lot simpler,
查看中文翻译
till you get to the end of the fence.
查看中文翻译
Hi. What can I do for you?
查看中文翻译
Is this the Pete Waters farm?
查看中文翻译
but it'll take you ten minutes longer.
查看中文翻译
Well, thanks.
查看中文翻译
This must be Pete's barn.
查看中文翻译
And thanks for the directions.
查看中文翻译
It's just over yonder.
查看中文翻译
There we go… will make twenty. Thanks.
查看中文翻译
Ah. OK. That's a dollar and thirty cents change.
查看中文翻译
"Have gone to the railroad station.
查看中文翻译
No charge for the cleanup.
查看中文翻译
Hi.
查看中文翻译
Well, here's a twenty.
查看中文翻译
You'll see the chicken house.
查看中文翻译
I'm looking for the house.
查看中文翻译
Turn right to the house.
查看中文翻译
How much do I owe you?
查看中文翻译
OK. Let me repeat it.
查看中文翻译
That's the back of Pete Waters's place.
查看中文翻译
Then a right across a blue bridge,
查看中文翻译
It is.
查看中文翻译
第十六篇 | 走遍美国
5 / 7
Pete isn't home.
查看中文翻译
You don't recognize me, do you?
查看中文翻译
Of course you recognize him.
查看中文翻译
The two of you look unbelievable!
查看中文翻译
Oh, I was sorry
查看中文翻译
You're Peggy Pendleton!
查看中文翻译
I know it's Malcolm Stewart.
查看中文翻译
to pick up a surprise.
查看中文翻译
even fifty years later.
查看中文翻译
You're Arnold Franklin!
查看中文翻译
You look wonderful, Malcolm!
查看中文翻译
Same old Pete Waters.
查看中文翻译
How's your family?
查看中文翻译
I recognize you…
查看中文翻译
And you're living with your children now? In New York?
查看中文翻译
Have a look around. Pete."
查看中文翻译
Yes. About four years ago.
查看中文翻译
He's so funny.
查看中文翻译
You haven't changed much in fifty years.
查看中文翻译
to hear about your wife having passed away.
查看中文翻译
Who am I, you old rascal?
查看中文翻译
Make yourself at home.
查看中文翻译
saying he was going to the railroad station
查看中文翻译
Don't tell me.
查看中文翻译
Pete wrote us and told us.
查看中文翻译
I know who you are.
查看中文翻译
I know who you are!
查看中文翻译
Really?
查看中文翻译
It's Malcolm Stewart!
查看中文翻译
Except for the beard, he hasn't changed in fifty years.
查看中文翻译
Sit down. Sit down.
查看中文翻译
No. He left a note on the door
查看中文翻译
Always full of surprises,
查看中文翻译
Always full of surprises.
查看中文翻译
Please don't tell me.
查看中文翻译
Oh, don't be silly, Arnie.
查看中文翻译
Peggy -- Peggy Pendleton!
查看中文翻译
第十六篇 | 走遍美国
6 / 7
That's OK, Malcolm.
查看中文翻译
And your little surprise, Pete?
查看中文翻译
to live with my son and his family.
查看中文翻译
Hey, that must be Pete!
查看中文翻译
Remember Lillian?
查看中文翻译
Oh, I'm so sorry.
查看中文翻译
Come on!
查看中文翻译
You haven't changed a bit.
查看中文翻译
Lillian Winters.
查看中文翻译
Remember me, Malcolm?
查看中文翻译
by having us all come together.
查看中文翻译
Lillian! Oh, my gosh!
查看中文翻译
I would not have missed this get-together for the world!
查看中文翻译
Donald passed away a couple of years ago.
查看中文翻译
Sorry to hear that, Lillian.
查看中文翻译
Yup.
查看中文翻译
Celebrate?
查看中文翻译
No.
查看中文翻译
It could be most anything, knowing Pete.
查看中文翻译
Oh, Pete, Pete!
查看中文翻译
Our fiftieth reunion?
查看中文翻译
You don't know what the surprise is yet?
查看中文翻译
By the way,
查看中文翻译
I remember all of you.
查看中文翻译
Now, let me have the honor, Lillian.
查看中文翻译
Retired and moved to New York
查看中文翻译
what do you think this big surprise is?
查看中文翻译
Oh, beautiful as ever, Lillian.
查看中文翻译
Oh, it's so good to see you!
查看中文翻译
We'll tell you the big surprise.
查看中文翻译
How's Donald?
查看中文翻译
You really surprised me
查看中文翻译
We were together in the Thursday night drama society.
查看中文翻译
So good to see you all!
查看中文翻译
No. Pete wants to tell you…
查看中文翻译
I've invited you here for the weekend to help celebrate.
查看中文翻译
Now we'll find out about the surprise.
查看中文翻译
第十六篇 | 走遍美国
7 / 7
Wait till I tell my family about this!
查看中文翻译
Lillian and I were married two weeks ago in Detroit.
查看中文翻译
That's another surprise.
查看中文翻译
I have loved Lillian all these years,
查看中文翻译
You are full of surprises, Pete.
查看中文翻译
And I said yes.
查看中文翻译
Congratulations!
查看中文翻译
It's wonderful for me.
查看中文翻译
on the farm.
查看中文翻译
Well, I am pouring this iced tea
查看中文翻译
so that we can toast Lillian -- and me.
查看中文翻译
We are going to
查看中文翻译
For goodness' sake, Pete, tell us!
查看中文翻译
Lillian will make me a happy man -- finally.
查看中文翻译
Why, that's wonderful!
查看中文翻译
It's wonderful!
查看中文翻译
You don't mean to tell me that you and…
查看中文翻译
spend the entire weekend having a good time together here
查看中文翻译
Yes, I do.
查看中文翻译
I can't wait much longer.
查看中文翻译
We are going to celebrate all weekend.
查看中文翻译
She's come here to stay.
查看中文翻译
so I asked her to be Mrs. Pete Waters.
查看中文翻译
I am so happy for you both.
查看中文翻译
When is the wedding?
查看中文翻译
Oh, Lillian,
查看中文翻译
I knew it! I knew it!
查看中文翻译

阅读难度

小说篇幅

小说分类