ADJ-GRADED 凉的;凉爽的;温度不高的 Something that is cool has a temperature which is low but not very low.
I felt a current of cool air... 我感觉到一阵凉风。
The water was slightly cooler than a child's bath... 这水比小孩的洗澡水稍微凉一些。
The vaccines were kept cool in refrigerators. 疫苗放在冰箱中冷藏。
ADJ-GRADED 凉快的;凉爽的 If it is cool, or if a place is cool, the temperature of the air is low but not very low.
Thank goodness it's cool in here... 谢天谢地,这里面挺凉快。
Store grains and cereals in a cool, dry place. 将粮食和谷物储存在阴凉干燥的地方。
...a cool November evening. 11月一个凉爽的夜晚
Cool is also a noun.
She walked into the cool of the hallway. 她走到凉快的走廊上。
ADJ-GRADED (衣服等)让人感觉凉爽的 Clothing that is cool is made of thin material so that you do not become too hot in hot weather.
In warm weather, you should wear clothing that is cool and comfortable. 在热天里,应该穿凉快舒适的衣服。
ADJ-GRADED (颜色)冷的;冷色调的 Cool colours are light colours which give an impression of coolness.
Choose a cool colour such as cream... 选择冷色系,比如乳白色。
The drawing-room was a cool silver green. 客厅是冷色调的银绿色。
V-ERG (使)变凉;(使)冷却;(使)降温 When something cools or when you cool it, it becomes lower in temperature.
Drain the meat and allow it to cool... 把肉沥干水,让它冷却。
Huge fans will have to cool the concrete floor to keep it below 150 degrees. 必须用巨大的风扇来冷却混凝土地面,将其温度控制在150度以下。
...a cooling breeze. 凉爽的微风
To cool down means the same as to cool . cool down 同 cool
Avoid putting your car away until the engine has cooled down... 在发动机冷却之前不要把车开进车库里。
The other main way the body cools itself down is by panting. 喘气是身体自身降温的另一个主要方式。
V-ERG (感觉、感情等)变淡,减弱,减少 When a feeling or emotion cools, or when you cool it, it becomes less powerful.
Within a few minutes tempers had cooled... 几分钟之内,火气就变小了。
His weird behaviour had cooled her passion. 他奇怪的举动使得她的激情冷却。
ADJ-GRADED (人、行为等)冷静的,沉着的,泰然自若的 If you say that a person or their behaviour is cool, you mean that they are calm and unemotional, especially in a difficult situation.
He was marvelously cool again, smiling as if nothing had happened... 他又变得出奇地冷静,微笑着,好像什么也没有发生过。
At that, Reno lost her cool composure. 听了那句话,雷诺失去了冷静。
ADJ-GRADED (人、行为等)冷漠的,冷淡的,不友善的 If you say that a person or their behaviour is cool, you mean that they are unfriendly or not enthusiastic.
I didn't like him at all. I thought he was cool, aloof, and arrogant... 我一点也不喜欢他,觉得他冷漠、孤僻而且傲慢。
The idea met with a cool response... 人们对这个想法反应冷淡。
He was given a cool reception. 他受到了慢待。
ADJ-GRADED (人、行为等)酷的,时尚的,吸引人的 If you say that a person or their behaviour is cool, you mean that they are fashionable and attractive.
He was trying to be really cool and trendy. 他竭力想扮酷,赶时髦。
...some 15-year-old kid who thinks it's cool to do heroin. 认为吸食海洛因很酷的一个15岁的孩子
ADJ-GRADED 坦然接受的;心平气和的 If you say that someone is cool about something, you mean that they accept it and are not angry or upset about it.
Bev was really cool about it all. 贝芙对这一切都表现得相当平静。
ADJ-GRADED 非常好的;特别棒的;绝妙的 If you say that something is cool, you think it is very good.
Kathleen gave me a really cool dress. 凯瑟琳给了我一件非常漂亮的衣服。
ADJ-GRADED (尤指轻易得到的数额)巨大的,整整 You can use cool to emphasize that an amount or figure is very large, especially when it has been obtained easily.
Columbia recently resigned the band for a cool $30 million. 哥伦比亚唱片公司最近以3,000万美元的高价再次签下这个乐队。
PHRASE 冷静下来;别激动 If you tell someone to cool it, you want them to stop being angry and aggressive and to behave more calmly.
Can't you guys just cool it? 你们能不能冷静一下?
PHRASE 保持冷静/失去冷静 If you keep your cool in a difficult situation, you manage to remain calm. If you lose your cool, you get angry or upset.
She kept her cool and managed to get herself out of the ordeal... 她保持着冷静与克制,努力使自己走出了这次痛苦的经历。
The big Irishman was on the verge of losing his cool. 那个高大的爱尔兰人快要失去冷静了。
PHRASE 假装冷静;故作镇定 If you play it cool, you deliberately behave in a calm, unemotional way because you do not want people to know you are enthusiastic or angry about something.
It's ridiculous to play it cool if someone you're mad about is mad about you too. 如果让你生气的人也在生你的气,而你还要假装冷静,那就太可笑了。
Fierce-browed, I coolly defy a thousand pointing fingers; headbowed, like a willing ox I serve the children. 横眉冷对千夫指,俯首甘为孺子牛。
Facing the complicated situation, he took everything coolly. 面对复杂的形势,他却淡然处之。
Do you suppose your father will let you carry the banner of his victory and his gladness on to the front of the battle, and then coolly stand back and see you captured or beaten back by the enemy? 你想你的父亲会不会让你举着得胜和喜乐的旗号到前线去,然后冷冷地向后一退,任凭你被仇敌掳去或击败呢?
He was writing, and, without raising his head, coolly replied, Just as you please. 父亲正在写信,头也没抬起来,只是冷冷地对她们说:随你们的便。
Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply, I have a continuing program of research, ( what mother doesn't), in the laboratory and in the field, ( normally I would have said indoors and out). 我非常镇定地答道:我有一个不间断的研究项目(哪位母亲不是这样呢?),工作地点包括实验室和现场(通常我会说室内和户外)。
Stella greeted her mother coolly. 斯特拉冷淡地跟她的母亲打了个招呼。
Heathcliff dropped his slight hand, and stood looking at him coolly till he chose to speak. 希刺克厉夫放下他那瘦瘦的手,冷静地站在那儿望着他,等他先开口。
Kate handled the situation very coolly. 凯特非常从容地处理了这一情况。
The father regarded me coolly. 那位父亲冷冷地看着我。
The weather transfers coolly, all adds clothes, please takes care! 天气转凉,都加衣服,请多保重!
He behaved very coolly in this dangerous situation. 在这险境中他表现得很冷静。
He would have coolly taken stock of the situation. 他是会冷静地估计形势的。
Then Tom turned coolly away, still talking, and took Amy with him. 汤姆冷冰冰地转身带着艾美走了,边走边和她谈着。
Andy Dufresne took the stand in his own defence and told his story calmly, coolly, and dispassionately. 安迪·杜佛尼也走上证人席为自己辩护,他很冷静、镇定、不带感情地述说自己的故事。
"I'll marry him," she thought coolly. “我要跟他结婚,”她冷静地想道。
He heard his voice issuing coolly, a trifle ironically. 他听见自己吐出了冷冷的,略带点儿讥讽的声音。
He coolly appraised the situation, deciding which person would be most likely to succeed. 他冷静地估测着形势,判断哪个人最可能获得胜利。
He picked out Joshua King in the box and the Norwegian coolly finished at the far post. 他又找到了禁区内的约书亚。金,挪威人完成最后一击打入远角。
"Your army has been here before," she said coolly. “你们的部队以前来过了,”思嘉冷冷地说。
But if you do, do it coolly. Don't insult your victims by feeling sorry afterwards. 要做就狠下心肠做,别用道歉来侮辱受害者。
They looked coolly around and found opportunities while others were too terrified to make big moves. 他们非常冷静的审时度势,在其他公司因为恐惧不敢有大动作的时候,发现了机会。
Eventually he answered coolly and collectedly. 最后他冷静而沉着地作了回答。
Why did he take it all so coolly, so much as a matter of course? 为什么他把这一切看得如此平淡,似乎是理所当然的呢?
She was looking at me with coolly appraising eyes. 她正以冷漠评估的眼光打量我。
Without losing her temper, she coolly tells Lady Catherine to mind her own business. 她未发脾气,只是冷冷地告诉凯瑟琳夫人不要管闲事。
The reflecting ice crystals on the leaf coolly mimic the shining stars far in the background. 叶子上冰晶的反光生动地模仿了背景中闪耀的星光。
The halfling before you regards you coolly. 你面前的这个半身人沉着的注视着你。
"Of course you know the alternative," replied the visitor, coolly. 当然你知道两者之间的抉择,来访者冷冷地说。
Music is a responsibility. I'm not drained creatively. I want to make breakthroughs for the Chinese music industry, 'he says coolly. 音乐是种责任.我并没创作力枯竭.我想要突破中国的音乐市场.他冷静地述说著。
You are coolly objective about your friends and loved ones and their shortcomings as friends or lovers. 你总是很冷静客观地对待你的朋友和爱人以及他们的缺点。