VERB 宣称,声称(…为事实);表明(态度、意图等) If you declare that something is true, you say that it is true in a firm, deliberate way. You can also declare an attitude or intention.
Speaking outside Ten Downing Street, she declared that she would fight on... 她在英国首相官邸外发表讲话时宣称她将继续斗争下去。
'I'm absolutely thrilled to have done what I've done,' he declared... 他宣称道:“我为自己的所作所为感到兴奋不已。”
He declared his intention to become the best golfer in the world... 他表明自己想要成为世界上最好的高尔夫球选手。
Glasses of Madeira wine were brought to us. We declared it delicious... 端来了几杯马德拉白葡萄酒,我们一致认为它的味道好极了。
He turned up in northern Cyprus, declaring himself happy to be home. 他出现在塞浦路斯北部,声称自己很高兴又回家了。
VERB 宣布;宣告 If you declare something, you state officially and formally that it exists or is the case.
The government is ready to declare a permanent ceasefire... 政府准备宣布永久性停火。
His lawyers are confident that the judges will declare Mr Stevens innocent... 史蒂文斯先生的律师们确信法官将宣告他无罪。
The U.N. has declared it to be a safe zone... 联合国已宣布它为安全区。
On striking his sword on the stone, he declared himself Lord of the City... 在以剑身击石之后,他宣布自己为“城之主宰”。
You may have to declare that you have had an HIV test. 你可能需要声明自己已经做过艾滋病病毒检测。
VERB 申报(纳税品、收入等) If you declare goods that you have bought in another country or money that you have earned, you say how much you have bought or earned so that you can pay tax on it.
Your income must be declared on this form... 必须在这张表格上申报你的收入。
She had nothing to declare, and was starting to go through the 'Green' channel when she was stopped. 她没有什么要申报的,便开始进入绿色通道,结果就在这时被拦住了。