I use the term know-it-all with endearment because the selections, revealed today, are good. 我之所以钟爱“万事通”这种说法,是因为今天公布的阵容非比寻常。
Find a colleague to introduce you as a know-it-all to boost your standing before asking the new contact to support you or your work. 接触一个新关系时,先找同事作个介绍,把你说成是无所不知,提高你的身价;然后再让你的新关系支持你或你的工作。
Because Ron is such a know-it-all, you can't say a word without him correcting you or arguing with you. 不管你说什么他都要更正你。Larry,如果你说得对呢?比如你说地球是圆的?
People will always seek out intelligent coworkers, but no one wants to work with a know-it-all. 人们总是在找聪明的同事,但是没人愿意与一个万事通共事。
Something of a know-it-all, he comes across as slightly hostile, even if only through verbal argument, or jokes targeted at others. 他们可以说是无所不知,就算只是跟别人言语争执或者冲别人开玩笑,也都会稍微带些敌意。
Nobody likes a do-gooder know-it-all who wants to change the world. 没有人喜欢那种自以为无所不知、希望通过善行改变世界的人。
You sound like Mr know-it-all. 你好象万事通似的。
"I see what you mean," said the class know-it-all. 我明白你的意思,班上的万事通说。
Our know-it-all managed to catch only snatches of the conversation but was determined to include herself anyway. 我们的百事通抓住了谈话的只言片语,就决定自己无论如何也要掺合进去。
Susan is always correcting other people. She thinks she's a know-it-all. 苏珊总是在纠正别人,她觉得自己是个万事通。
He's a bit of a know-it-all, but that's not surprising. 他有点自以为无所不知,但这并不奇怪。
Nobody likes to talk to a know-it-all. 没有人喜欢和自以为无所不知的人谈话。
The over verbose may be tagged as a fake and a know-it-all. 过多的词语冗长将会认为虚假或者自命无所不知。
It means imposing limits on your ego – overcoming the know-it-all style of leadership that seems to be the default mode in most companies. 这意味着克制自我&克服那种大多数企业默认的‘无所不知’式领导作风。
Oh my gosh! People thought I was such a know-it-all just because I got good grades. 哦,我的天!人们都因为我成绩好就以为我无所不知。
From his words and behaviour I know that he is a know-it-all fellow. 从他的言行,我知道他是个不学无术而喜欢吹牛皮的家伙。
Beware the know-it-all, possessive coder, and the inexperienced coder-Humble yourself when you meet these types of coders. 谨防那些无所不知的程序员,不愿分享的程序员,还有经验不足的程序员。当你遇到这几种程序员时,你自己要谦虚。
He always was a know-it-all. 他总是这幅无所不知的德行。
I used to be a pusher, a perfectionist, a know-it-all myself. 我曾是一个推动者,一个完美主义者,一个自认通晓一切的人。
Now all we have are these* Know-it-all ESPN analysts. 现在只有那帮电视体育分析家。
And one of them a know-it-all who can't keep his trap shut. 其中一个还英明到不肯闭嘴。
You don't want to seem like a know-it-all, he says. 但你不会想被大家看成“百事通”的。
Look that know-it-all fellow is talking big again. 瞧,那个自以为是的家伙又在吹牛了。
Therefore, the know-it-all narrative in the unfocusing mode has not lost its credibility. 因此《上海》中非聚焦模式的全知叙事并没有丧失其可信度。