ADV (表示有礼貌地请求或邀请)请,烦劳 You say please when you are politely asking or inviting someone to do something.
Can you help us please?... 能请你帮帮我们吗?
Would you please open the door?... 请你开一下门好吗?
Please come in... 请进。
'May I sit here?' — 'Please do.'... “我能坐这儿吗?”——“请坐。”
Can we have the bill please? 劳驾,买单。
ADV (表示客气地接受)谢谢,行 You say please when you are accepting something politely.
'Tea?' — 'Yes, please.'... “要茶吗?”——“好的,谢谢。”
'You want an apple with your cheese?' — 'Please.' “要不要加个苹果和奶酪一起吃?”——“行啊。”
CONVENTION (表示要求对方停止做某事或别再开口)请别,请不必 You can say please to indicate that you want someone to stop doing something or stop speaking. You would say this if, for example, what they are doing or saying makes you angry or upset.
Please, Mary, this is all so unnecessary... 玛丽,请不要这样,这完全没必要。
Isabella. Please. I don't have time for this. 伊莎贝拉,别再说了,我没有时间听这个。
CONVENTION (用于吸引对方注意、特别是儿童对老师或其他成人时)请问,对不起 You can say please in order to attract someone's attention politely. Children in particular say 'please ' to attract the attention of a teacher or other adult.
Please sir, can we have some more?... 请问,先生,我们能再要一些吗?
Please, Miss Smith, a moment. 对不起,史密斯小姐,能耽误你一会儿吗?
VERB 使高兴;使喜欢;使满意 If someone or something pleases you, they make you feel happy and satisfied.
More than anything, I want to please you... 最重要的是,我想让你高兴。
Much of the food pleases rather than excites... 这些食物中许多只是让人满意,但并不让人兴奋。
It pleased him to talk to her. 能和她交谈让他很高兴。
PHRASE 愿意;喜欢;认为合适 You use please in expressions such as as she pleases ,whatever you please, and anything he pleases to indicate that someone can do or have whatever they want.
Women should be free to dress and act as they please... 女性应该有穿衣和行动的自由。
He does whatever he pleases... 他想干什么就干什么。
Isabel can live where she pleases. 伊莎贝尔可以喜欢住哪儿就住哪儿。
PHRASE (用于强调)极尽…,…的程度怎么说都不为过 You can use as you please in expressions such as bold as you please or casually as you please or charming as you please in order to emphasize what you are saying.
He walked by my table and, casually as you please, picked up my address book... 他走到我的桌旁,非常随意地拿起了我的通讯录。
Bold as you please, she grabbed me by the sleeve. 她真够大胆的,竟抓住了我的衣袖。
CONVENTION (表示很有礼貌和正式地吸引对方注意或提出请求)对不起,烦请 If you please is sometimes used as a very polite and formal way of attracting someone's attention or of asking them to do something.
Ladies and gentlemen, if you please. Miss Taylor's going to play for us... 女士们,先生们,烦请泰勒小姐为我们表演。
Sir Harry! Stop, if you please! 哈里爵士!对不起,请等一下!
PHRASE (表示惊讶、恼怒或难以置信)竟然,你说怪不怪 You can say if you please to indicate that a situation surprises or annoys you, or is difficult to believe.
She was pretty unforthcoming. Made Sally wait till she'd cooked Selby's lunch, if you please. 她爱搭不理地把萨莉晾在一边,直到她为塞尔比做好午饭,你说怪不怪。
CONVENTION (无礼地表示不在意或不关心)请便,随你的便 You say 'please yourself ' to indicate in a rather rude way that you do not mind or care whether the person you are talking to does a particular thing or not.
'Do you mind if I wait?' I asked. Melanie shrugged: 'Please yourself.' 我问道:“要不我等会儿吧?”梅拉妮耸耸肩说:“随你便。”