think
believe
consider
feel
ponder
regard【导航词义:认为,考虑】
think v. 认为,考虑
〔辨析〕普通用词,不如 believe 正式,指细想或思考,也指按自己的思考提出看法、作出判断或得出结论,多用于个人喜好或生活中的实际情况。
〔例证〕
I think that he is being unfair.
我认为他这么做不公平。
My head is in a whirl; I must sit down and think.
我的脑袋一片混乱,我得坐下好好想一想。
I don't think he is right.
我认为他是不对的。
Do you think it dangerous to go swimming alone?
你认为单独去游泳危险吗?
believe v. 认为,相信
〔辨析〕通常指依据一定的证据,经思考后认为属实,强调不完全肯定,多为主观上的猜测,不用进行时。
〔例证〕
It is believed that the castle was built in the 16th century.
据信这座城堡建于16世纪。
The police believe that the suspect is still in the small town.
警方认为嫌疑人仍藏在这个小镇中。
She is believed to be the youngest winner in the country.
她被认为是该国最年轻的冠军。
In fact, I don't believe a word of it.
事实上,我一句话也不相信。
consider v. 考虑,认为
〔辨析〕指在作出选择、决定等之前细想,也指经过仔细考虑、观察后而得出比较客观的看法。
〔例证〕
She is considering whether to accept the tourists' advice.
她正在考虑是否接受游客们的建议。
He is considering your employment.
他在考虑雇用你的问题。
The local health department did not consider that restaurant as meeting requirements.
当地卫生部门认为那家餐厅未达到要求。
A further increase in salary is now considered unlikely.
进一步上调工资现在被认为不大可能。
feel v. 认为,以为
〔辨析〕尤指根据感觉而不是事实来作出判断。
〔例证〕
He felt it his duty to help the neighbours.
他认为帮助邻居是他的义务。
I felt that she was still very weak.
我觉得她依然很虚弱。
Some parents felt that the school was not doing enough about bullying.
一些家长认为,学校在解决恃强凌弱的问题上做得还不够。
ponder v. 〈正式〉仔细考虑,深思
〔辨析〕指对问题、难题、发生的事情等进行思考,强调全面、认真、细致,常后接介词 on/over/about。
〔例证〕
She lay awake all night pondering whether to leave or stay.
她一夜未曾入睡,反复思索着去还是留。
He pondered on when to give her the ring.
他斟酌着何时给她戒指。
These are minor problems over which you needn't ponder too long.
这些小问题你不必考虑过多。
There was a deep frown on his face when he was pondering a problem.
当他思考问题时,他双眉深锁。
regard v. 认为,看作
〔辨析〕强调对某事的主观判断,多指看法,不用进行时。
〔例证〕
He regarded me as his friend.
他把我当成朋友。
Her novel is highly regarded by literary critics.
她的小说得到文学评论家们的高度评价。