VERB (用手)打;掌掴 If you smack someone, you hit them with your hand.
She smacked me on the side of the head. 她狠狠地拍了一下我的脑袋。
Smack is also a noun.
Sometimes he just doesn't listen and I end up shouting at him or giving him a smack. 有时候,他就是不肯听话,闹到最后,我会冲他大喊大叫,或给他一巴掌。
VERB 啪的一声甩(或扔、打等) If you smack something somewhere, you put it or throw it there so that it makes a loud, sharp noise.
He smacked his hands down on his knees... 他的双手使劲地拍了一下膝盖。
Ray Houghton smacked the ball against a post. 雷·霍顿把球狠狠地砸到一根柱子上。
VERB 令人想起;类似于;含有…的意味 If one thing smacks of another thing that you consider bad, it reminds you of it or is like it.
The engineers' union was unhappy with the motion, saying it smacked of racism. 工程师联盟对这项提议感到很不满,称该提议有点种族主义的味道。
ADV 正好,恰巧(在某处) Something that is smack in a particular place is exactly in that place.
In part that's because industry is smack in the middle of the city. 部分原因在于:工业恰好在城市的中心。
海洛因;白面 Smack is heroin.
PHRASE 咂嘴(尤指吃前或吃后,表示很想吃或吃得很香) If you smack your lips, you open and close your mouth noisily, especially before or after eating, to show that you are eager to eat or enjoyed eating.
'I really want some dessert,' Keaton says, smacking his lips. “我真的很想吃点儿点心,”基顿咂着嘴说。